Saturday, August 25, 2007

UK / North UK, Ireland, UK / June 2007

I think the american way of seeing a country still rules i.e. driving. The stuff you see driving around cannot be found in a pre-packaged vacation. A caution, free driving is NOT at all my recommendation for any peak holiday season .. you will have a horrible time.

My wife and I love doing this. Just taking the car out without a plan. A week's worth of stuff packed in the trunk. We have been doing this since both the kids were 4 months old so they are very very used to it. I don't think they have learnt yet that being cooped up in a car seat for 4-6 hrs is a no-no in the baby manual.

Did approx 2000 miles over 10 days. My friends thought I was insane. My kids have still not forgiven me ... just joking, the kids were great through and through, however, were glad to see their toys and beds.

Started from London, went to Lake district (had best steaks of our lives), drove to Edinborough, then to Inverness, Loch Ness, Skye (totalled our car here), back to Inverness, then to Trune, Ferry over to Larne, Northern Ireland, Coastal Causeway, crossed over to Ireland at Balley Shannon (stayed on the beach .. awesome !), headed back to Dublin, caught ferry to Liverpool and then back to London.

No comments: